Re: Trouble with gdb 6.8 on Irix

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> > If you care about GDB on mips-irix, I strongly advise caring about GCC as
> > well, or finding someone to care about it.  Right now, it is on the list
> > of targets to be deprecated in GCC 4.4 because we wish to remove fixproto
> > and it is one of the few targets still using fixproto (so someone would
> > need to stop it from using fixproto, and make fixincludes do any necessary
> > fixes fixproto does at present for this target).
>
> I can as Olivier or Eric if they have some time to have a look.
> Do we have an idea of deadlines? Does it have to be fixed by 4.4?

I would hope to remove fixproto and all deprecated targets on trunk around
the time 4.4.0 is released.  If the deprecation patch is approved, the
deprecated targets will require --enable-obsolete to build them, on trunk
and 4.4 branch once created, until removed.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com