Re: [whopr] Design/implementation alternatives for the driver and WPA

Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck@naturalbridge.com> writes:

> I do not want to imply that google's needs are not real and that they
> should not use gcc to fulfill them.   I only want to raise the point
> that whopr is at one end of a spectrum in which REAL tradeoffs are
> being made in the quality of compilation vs size of program handled
> and there there is a real possibility that being able to handle an
> entire program with these tradeoffs is going to yield the fastest
> program or a reasonable compilation time.

What you need to ask is whether WHOPR is going to slow down or prevent
handling an entire program.  If so, then why, and how can we avoid
that?

(Your answer should not be something along the lines of "people will
be working on WHOPR rather than something else."  People will work on
what they find to be important.)

Ian