apparent memory increase

You may have seen this warning from the memory consumption tester:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-regression/2008-05/msg00041.html

... related to the recent identifier GC patch.

I looked into this a little.  My theory is that this is an artifact of
how the tester collects its data.  In particular I suspect the tester
was not including the identifier data in its memory stats -- but now,
because identifiers are allocated via the GC, they are included.

If this theory is in error, let me know and I will investigate some
more.  In this case, it would be helpful to have the script that
generates the report.

Tom