Re: RFH: Building and testing gimple-tuples-branch

On 5/12/08 1:21 PM, David Daney wrote:

For mipsel-linux:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-05/msg01055.html

Thanks.

The complete bootstrap/test cycle seems to be about 10% faster than on the trunk. I didn't try to figure out why, although I can speculate that it is due to the fact that some optimization passes are still disabled and that tests that ICE prevent the corresponding execution test to be run.

Perhaps. There are still some unconverted passes that are run by default (e.g., PRE). That could explain the faster bootstrap times. I will try to set up apples-to-apples comparisons between the branch and mainline in the next few days.

Although I didn't investigate, the FAILure in libjava/Array_3, usually indicate that exception handling is broken in some way.

OK, thanks. EH has certainly given us no end of headaches.

Diego.