Re: How do I add target specific tests?

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 04:09:03PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On May 10, 2008, Andy H <hutchinsonandy@aim.com> wrote:
>
> > These would be testcases for PR that fail  related to AVR back end
> > problems - rather than testcases for generic PR.
>
> > Do I just add them to directory testsuite/gcc.target/avr? Or are there
> > some other configuration steps needed?
>
> You'll want to create a .exp file that exists right away if the target
> is not what you want, and that runs the testing machinery otherwise.
> Look for `istarget' in testsuite/gcc.target/*/*.exp for various
> examples.

But if they expose AVR backend problems, rather than only making sense
on AVR, you can just put them in gcc.c-torture or gcc.dg.  Tests for
target-specific features should go in gcc.target but tests for
target-specific bugs may show up bugs on other targets, so it's better
to run them everywhere.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery