Re: ssa_name issues

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Sean Callanan <spyffe@cs.sunysb.edu> wrote:
> Dear mailing list:
>
> I am writing GCC code that constructs GIMPLE (after pass_apply_inline and
> before pass_all_optimizations) to take the address of each of a function's
> parameters and store those addresses in an array.  The code is at the bottom
> of this message.  Right now I need help in dealing with errors of the form

Right, so you are taking a gimple register and turning it into a non
gimple register.
This will not work with extra work, the other way does work though
(and is done in the addressable pass and the aliasing TODO).
To fix it up, you have to fix up the rest of the IR to take into
account you just turned that symbol into a non gimple register.  You
have to create many extra statements, one for each use of the symbol.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski