This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bad code generation on HPPA platform
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com (Steve Ellcey)
- Cc: law at redhat dot com, andrew_pinski at playstation dot sony dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:45:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Bad code generation on HPPA platform
> If I am reading things right, the use of r8 and r19 in the ldw
> instruction are switched around.
Yes. If you do an rtl dump, you should be able to see where the
REG_POINTER flag gets set and if the operand order gets switched.
Sometimes the REG_POINTER flag gets removed by reload, etc. So,
the operand order should not change after this point.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)