Re: Gomp cell,...

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Correct.  I was just trying to correct the idea that spu support was
>  not committed to the FSF GCC.  Considering I am a maintainer of it
>  too, I don't want people to get the wrong thought there.

Ok, I got an email from Ogier (as he's also a student at University of
Strasbourg where I've been for quite some time, etc...) who asked for
directions on how to implement an efficient OpenMP support for Cell.

The main difficulty is the outlining to SPUs code, that has to be
generated by another backend.  Do you have ideas on how that should be
implemented?

Ogier proposed to dump the outlined gimple to a file (i.e. LTO could
do that) and then read this back in the SPU compiler.  Does this
approach sound right?

Thanks,
Sebastian