Re: RFC: A new meta intrinsic header file for x86 intrinsics

On Apr 4, 2008, at 10:13 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:

Hi,

For each new set of x86 intrinsics, we introduce a new header file. It
will be desirable for users just to include one header file for all
intrinsics, current and future. Icc has <ia32intrin.h>, which includes
proper individual intrinsic header files and users just need
to include <ia32intrin.h> to get access to all intrinsics.

We will implement meta intrinsic header file for AVX intrinsics.
However, I am not sure if <ia32intrin.h> is the best name for it.
Does anyone have any suggestions, how about <x86intrin.h>?

I prefer <x86intrin.h>, as these are presumably usable in x86-64 mode.

One random request: would it be possible to keep mm_malloc.h out of the umbrella header? Inclusion of mm_malloc.h make use of SSE difficult in kernel contexts, as mm_malloc.h pulls in stdlib.h and errno.h.

-Chris