gcc for Linux/x86 vs. Solaris/x86

I was wondering anyone knows any details of the gcc port for Solaris/x86. I am wondering, if I have an executable compiled with gcc for Linux and an executable compiled with the same gcc (same version, same options) for Solaris, how similar would those executables be? I understand that the code running in shared libraries and system calls will be different, but it seems that the rest (user-level) code should be the same, since it is generated by essentially the same compiler. What do you think?

-- Sasha