Re: SSA Vs unSSA

On 03/26/08 14:07, Fran Baena wrote:
Hi,

what are the advantages and inconvenients of get RTL from SSA rather
than GIMPLE (previously translated from SSA)?
It has no implication in the next optimizations, isn't it?

Depends on what SSA form you want. A rewriting form is problematic because backends are allowed to modify the IL behind the back of the optimizers and can emit instructions that are difficult/impossible to represent in SSA form (parallel).

A non-rewriting form, however, is not hard to implement. We've discussed this a few weeks ago. At some point we will build a FUD-chain representation from the currently dense UD links in the DF code.

Diego.