ABI64 and register save area

Hi,
 I that hope this is the right place for this kind of
questions!
However my question is rather simple: knowing the
AMD64 ABI, is it possible to implement your own
flavour of the va_xxx macros?
If I compile _without_ -fomit-frame-pointer I'm able
to retrieve the arguments pushed on the stack, but I'm
not able to point correctly the register save area. Is
this area placed at fixed position like the red zone?
If not how I can find it (if possible)?
Thanks for the time spent reading,
 Matteo

      Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
Tanti modi per restare in contatto con chi vuoi.
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html