Re: libtool for shared objects?

Hello All,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello Basile,

* Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote on Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 09:18:54PM CET:
First, I have the impression that the libtool in e.g. libjava/Makefile.in or libgomp/Makefile.in or libmudflap/Makefile.in is not the usual one (I mean the Debian/Sid libtool package version 1.5.26-1 for example).

GCC uses a slightly older snapshot of Libtool 2.2.

I would like to use this tool to compile some (generated) warm(basilys.c file into a warm-basilys.la in the most portable way (on Linux/ELF systems I would just use gcc -fPIC -shared warm-basilys.c -o warm-basilys.so and use the warm-basilys.so shared library to dlopen).

In which directory? In those using automake you should be able to just use the normal automake machinery for this. AFAIK, in the gcc/ subdir no libtool (nor automake) are used.

I need all this in the gcc/ subdir, since I want cc1 (the same process) to
1. generate a C file
2. compile it to some dynamically loadable stuff (*.so on Linux/Elf, perhaps *.la with libtool)
3. lt_dlopenext it

Perhaps my question becomes: how to use libtool (and which one) within the gcc/ subdir?

A big thanks for the help!

Regards.

-- Basile STARYNKEVITCH http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/ email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net mobile: +33 6 8501 2359 8, rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France *** opinions {are only mines, sont seulement les miennes} ***