Re: GCC build problem

Dasarath Weeratunge wrote:
I added a field to struct basic_block_def in basic-block.h of type
struct pointer_set_t.
Now when I try to rebuild GCC build fails with error:
libbackend.a(gtype-desc.o): In function `gt_pch_nx_basic_block_def':
/scratch/dweeratu/gcc/build/gcc/gtype-desc.c:2472: undefined reference
to `gt_pch_nx_pointer_set_t'

See > http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Type-Information.html#Type-Information
See also the gengtype.c file, and the doc/gty.texi file.

I'm just guessing, but you probably either need to add a GTY marker to the struct pointer_set_t definition, or else add a GTY skip marker to the new field in struct basic_block_def that uses the pointer_set_t type. It depends on whether this info will be allocated in the garbage collection space (e.g. ggc_alloc).

Jim