Re: birthpoints in rtl.

On 3/4/08 2:12 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:

That code is IMHO just awfully ugly. And slow too, last I checked.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of bookkeeping needed to do incremental SSA updates.

should not want that on RTL.  I don't think we should allow
transformations on RTL that are too hard to manually update the FUD
chains somehow.

For FUD chains, the incremental work is actually easier to code. You need to re-write the FUD chains for the affected objects from scratch. Forcing the optimizers to maintain this themselves is certainly easier for the framework code, but it imposes a heavier burden on the optimizers.

Diego.