Re: Darwin long double issue (PR25477): any news or plans?

Mike Stump wrote:
Yes. The SC knows of the issue, and I've recommended soliciting/accepting more darwin/Objective-C/C++ maintainers. If anyone would like to step up, just send an email to a SC member and have them forward it on to the SC for consideration.
Heh, that sounds like my cue. :-) I've actually started tinkering with GCC again recently, as part of Dehydra and other experimentation with ways to use the compiler to analyze and rewrite the Mozilla code base. So in addition to my past experience, I have an immediate interest in keeping latest GCC functioning on Darwin, and no Apple entanglements. If people are interested in having me back, I'll sign up to both Darwin and ObjC* maintenance. and because it's been a while since I've last contributed, I can do a probationary period too.

Stan