Processor for header files.

Hi,

I am writing a decompiler for lib or .o files.
For the application developer, one would have the lib or .o file and a
.h file that would identify the api for the application developer to
use to make use of the lib or .o file.
For my decompiler, I therefore need to be able to process the .h
files, as they will obviously help with the decompiler task.
I know gcc processes .h header files, so I am hoping to use gcc's
already implemented header processor.
Can anyone point me to which part of the gcc source tree does the
task, and also what format the data is stored in once processed.

Kind Regards

James