Re: Regression count, and how to keep bugs around forever

On Dec 19, 2007 4:32 PM, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask@sygehus.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 01:59:51AM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > The current list of "All regressions" should be a list of bugs that
> > people are actively trying to resolve, preferably before the release
> > of GCC 4.3.
>
>    No, it should be exactly what it says it is.

I don't mind renaming it ;-)

> If you want an additional
> list of bugs that are being actively worked on (and labelled as such),
> that's fine (although I have no idea how that list would be useful).

Let's take a bug as an example case: http://gcc.gnu.org/23835

Here, there is a bug report about a huge compile time increase.  The
release manager decided  that this was not a release blocker for GCC
4.2.  So it was marked P4, and it disappeared from the radar for GCC
4.3 for everyone who only looks at the "Serious regressions".

Gr.
Steven