Re: Git and GCC

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 10:52 +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > git svn does accept a mailmap at import time with the same format as the
> > cvs importer I think.  But for someone that just wants a repo to check
> > out this was easiest.  I'd be willing to spend the time to do a nicer
> > job if there was any interest from the gcc side, but I'm not that
> > invested (other than owing them for an often-used tool).
>
> I have a complete list of the uid<->mail mapping for the gcc repository.
>
> Andreas.

Feel free to send it along, but for now I'll keep on going without a
mapping.  If I went back now and changed it, all those people who
are already using the existing mirror will have to download a
whole new history.

If gcc decides they would like a more clean import for more official
use I'd be more than happy to work with you guys to produce a more
clean import with Author/commiter names cleaned up, etc.

Cheers,

Harvey