Re: Autovectorizing HIRLAM; some progress.

> L.S.,
>
> I noticed some unexpected progress last night (as opposed to about a
> week ago).
>
> Previous figures:
>
> 5316 loops vectorized
> 6060 loops not vectorized
>
> New figures:
>
> 5188 loops vectorized
> 6189 loops not vectorized
>
> i.e., 201 loops *more* recognized by the vectorizer, of which 72 got
> vectorized, 129 not.

cool!

> As I see no activity (svn-wise) on the vectorizer front, it probably is
> the better alias analysis by Richard Guenther ...

could also be the patch by Sebastian Pop to provide more precise dependence
relations when the number of iterations is not known (the fix to PR32377).

(would be intereting to see an example for a loop that is now vectorized
and didn't vectorize before, if you have that information available)

thanks,
dorit