Inserting new parameter in gcc

Hello to all,
I have been working on inserting a new string argument in gcc, which accepts a string from command line.

It would be like gcc ... -fmyparameter=stringtoread ...

In common.opt, I have had to insert a new parameter, and it has been something like

myparameter=
Common RejectNegative Joined

It works, but I have been thinking on it, and maybe this way to insert arguments is a little bit messy. For example, the keyword RejectNegative is not very intuitive, and the documentation about the options is a little bit confusing.

Maybe this syntax should be improved, at least with better documentation, or maybe changing the syntax of common.opt (adding the same options with an intuitive form). I think it could be interesting to make a little patch about it. Opinions?

Thanks
Juan Luis