Re: From SSA back to GIMPLE

On 10/24/07, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:
> We are also thinking about lowering GIMPLE a bit further and delay
> the transition into RTL.

Diego, can you be more specific about what parts you think have to be
lowered more from GIMPLE?

Together with Richard Guenther, we're planing to send a proposal for
having higher level vector constructs in GIMPLE.  More precisely, we
want to capture Fortran's vector operations in GIMPLE and feed loop
optimizers with this higher level representation.  The lowering will
be performed either by the simdization or by a scalarizer just after
loop transforms.  I'm still reading through Fortran's lower-front-end
to figure out how the scalarizer is working, and what can be improved
if we move it in the LNO or in the simdizer.

Sebastian