Re: gcc-4.2-20071011 is now available

Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, gccadmin@gcc.gnu.org wrote:
>> Snapshot gcc-4.2-20071011 is now available on
>>   ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/4.2-20071011/
>> and on various mirrors, see http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html for details.
>
> I ran this script manually and reenabled the generation of snapshots off
> the GCC 4.2 branch.  I assume we just missed the latter because we hadn't
> documented this step in our release documentation.

Correct, sorry!

> Mark, what do you think of the patch below?  It adds this piece of
> documentation and removes the step to remove RC sources from our server
> since we are now treating these pretty similar to regular snapshots which
> we do not remove either and we have users (including the FreeBSD Ports
> Collection who refer to these RC tarballs).

That's fine with me.  I was just checking off items on the checklist.
:-)  I hope this didn't inconvenience the FreeBSD folks.  I remembered
that you'd asked me to leave the previous 4.2.1 RCs around, but I hadn't
realized that was a general request, as opposed to something specific to
4.2.1.

This patch is OK, thanks!

--
Mark Mitchell