Re: How to run testsuite without building a complier

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 16:09 +0530, Mohamed Shafi wrote:

> > Use the contrib/test_installed script.

> I used the script and even tried to execute the runtest command
> directly but the framework is not picking up the simulator for my
> target.
> If i run the testsuite using make check-gcc command from the build
> directory everything is fine. What could be the problem?

I'm not certain what the real problem is, but one thing you can do to
fix the problem is to pass the name of your target board (to use the
simulator) to test_installed:

# The script will interpret arguments until it finds one it does not
# understand.  The remaining ones will be passed to `runtest'.  A
# double-dash can be used to explicitly separate the arguments to
# `test_installed' from the ones to `runtest'.

So, pass --target_board <mytarget> to test_installed and it should work.

Ben

--
Ben Elliston <bje@au.ibm.com>
Australia Development Lab, IBM