Re: Make/bootstrap failure on i386-apple-darwin8.10.1 (Intel Core Duo)

Dave,
    Actually the usage of --host in the fink gcc packaging predates
my ownership of it. I believe the fact that Apple configures their
gcc builds with...

 --build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --host=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --target=powerpc-apple-darwin8

...may have been the motivator. This actually will be trival to fix since we will
just change the egrep command we use to parse out the --host field from the output
of 'cc -v' to parse out the --build field instead. On Macintel, I think the usage
of --host was also meant to insure that gcc was built for i686-apple-darwin8 instead
of i386-apple-darwin8.
                  Jack