Re: Is Sun putting much effort into supporting the gcc/binutils toolchain on sparc64 ?

From: Andrew Walrond <andrew@walrond.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:54:13 +0100

> David Miller wrote:
> >
> > And _NO_ this does mean continuing to say that Sun isn't doing enough
> > to satisfy you, that discourages rather than encourages in case you
> > haven't gotten that message LOUD and CLEAR by now.
> >

> On the contrary, as an existing and prospective customer, I shall KEEP
> telling Sun, LOUDLY and PUBLICLY exactly what I want from them.
>
> Although not here; I have ruffled enough feathers already!

Research someone named Theo Deraadt and go see where his continual
complaining about Sun has landed him.  He gets generally ignored, and
Sun is extremely reluctant to deal with or help him.

Alternatively I try to be pleasant and helping to Sun rather than
berate them every time they don't do exactly what I want.  I think I
achiever better results than Theo does.

This is an issue of how to deal socially with other people and
entities in a cooperative rather than an anti-social and confronting
manner.  Sun started to help me a lot because I engaged heavily
in the former rather than the latter.

Years ago I used to do the "LOUDLY and PUBLICLY" thing too, I
generally got ignored and nobody wanted to help me, just like Theo.