Is Sun putting much effort into supporting the gcc/binutils toolchain on sparc64 ?

I have to make buying decisions, and having tested a Sun T1000 for a
while I am impressed with Suns hardware. But, we are 100% gnu/linux and
it disturbs me that David Miller seems to be a (very impressive) team of
1 on the sparclinux ML (My impression; perhaps I am wrong?)

So I wonder, is Sun putting any more effort into developing and
supporting the gcc/binutils toolchain?

[Apologies for slightly off-topic post]

Andrew Walrond