gnu c reference manual : c dialects

Hello!

I have been hacking away for some time, and now am nearing completion, on writing
the "GNU C Reference Manual", covering the C language sans libraries and preprocessing
directives (which are already documented in other GNU manuals).

The plan is to have the base of the manual cover the ISO standard of the language,
as implemented by GCC, along with the GNU extensions, but explicitly label which
parts of the language are GNU-specific.  With this in mind, I have a question:

Would it be useful to delineate not only between ISO C features and GNU C extensions,
but also to delineate between the C89 and C99 standards?  In my day job, we, for
rather unusual reasons, are using a very old version of GCC that does not support C99,
so for my group it would be useful -- but I suspect that we are the exception rather
than the rule.

Thoughts?

 -- Trevis Rothwell
    (please cc: me on replies as I am not subscribed to the GCC list)