GCC Plugin Branch

Hi all,

I have just recently had time to checkout and build the GCC plugin
branch. I am interested in building a simple plugin to give it a try.
After reading through the patches it seems simple enough, I just need to
create a shared library that defines the symbols:

pre_translation_unit
transform_ctrees
transform_gimple
transform_cgraph
transform_rtl
post_translation_unit

Does anyone have a template/example autoconf project that is already
setup with the needed gcc headers + build infrastructure to create a GCC
plugin?

Also i noticed that it uses the -export-dynamic flag with libtool which
means some platforms like Cygwin are unable to support plugins (Noted in
the documentation). Are there any plans for supporting the libtool
dlpreopening for plugins so that they can still be used on systems if
the plugins are built into GCC?

One other thing I noticed is that the configure check for plugin support
and inclusion of libltdl is $host based, I.e. pre-defined which hosts
support plugins instead of doing a generic check for plugin support. I
assume it should be possible to find out from libtool whether shared
library support is enabled or not. But then again the $host based check
seems to be the way a lot of the other checks in the GCC configure.ac
files are done. I mention this because i often use NetBSD which supports
shared libraries and is not listed for including libltdl or for enabling
plugin support.

Otherwise seems like a nice simple implementation.

Thanks,
Brendon.