Why is LIMITS_H_TEST defined in cris/t-linux? It caused cross-compiler build errors

Can anyone explain why LIMITS_H_TEST is defined in cris/t-linux, while it is not defined for any other linux target? It's a relatively recent change. "ChangeLog-2005" line 5810 says

"2005-10-12 Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@axis.com> config/cris/t-linux (LIMITS_H_TEST): Define."

It breaks building of a cross-compiler when inhibit_libc is defined, and the comment in the code

# We *know* we have a limits.h in the glibc library, with extra
# definitions needed for e.g. libgfortran.

is certainly wrong in this case. It it just an optimization? Can it be done some other way that does not break building a cross-compiler? A one-liner to comment this out allows me to build a cris cross-compiler.

Segher - If remember right, cris was one of the targets that did not build for you. This might help.

Steve