Re: RFC: Simplify rules for ctz/clz patterns and RTL

Richard Kenner wrote:
* Since no one uses it, we rip out all support for the ffs pattern and
expression.

There's an ffs builtin! How do we know who uses it?

I am not proposing to remove the built-in (i.e. the language visible __builtin_ffs() function); only the RTL expression (ffs:MODE ...) and the named machine description pattern "ffs<mode>".

Moreover, expmed uses it as an option in expanding some comparisons.

I see no code in expmed.c that uses either the RTL expression or the named pattern. It does use the optab, but (to reiterate) use of the ffs_optab never generates RTL that uses (ffs:MODE).

zw