How to make use of instruction scheduling to improve performance?

I am working on gcc 4.1.1 and itanium2 architecture. I instrumented
each ld and st instruction in final_scan_insn() by looking at the insn
template (These instrumentations are used to do some security checks).
These instrumentations incur high performance overhead when running
specint benchmarks. However, these instrumentations contain high
dependencies between instructions so that I want to use instruction
scheduling to improve the performance.
    In the current implementation, the instrumentations are emitted as
assembly instructions (not insns). What should I do to make use of the
instruction scheduler?

Any help is truely appreciated!
3x