Re: no_new_pseudos

> Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
> >I do not remember if it was stevenb or bonzini that observed that
> >because of changes that came with the dataflow branch it is now trivial
> >to get rid of no_new_pseudos.
>
> For the record, this was Steven's observation.  And Kenner confirming
> that this was the original purpose of no_new_pseudos is very
> encouraging, since he's an integral part of the history of GCC's RTL
> passes. :-)
>
> I think that, as a first step, we should remove setting no_new_pseudos
> to 1 until just before reload.  This will effectively turn
> no_new_pseudos into a synonym for "reload_in_progress || reload_completed".

Just for a record, I pushed no_new_pseudo until the reload pass on
rtlopt patch some time ago and it did work at least on i386 (I am not
sure why this change was never merged, perhaps it was just forgotten
or dependent on other changes, it is a while).

The no-new-pseudos was mostly useful when we was still updating dataflow
incrementally and had things set in a way that they didn't allowed
resizing, but those limitations was removed.

Honza