Re: I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable (union members and ctors)

On 6/17/07, michael.a <wild.eyed.boy.from.freecloud@gmail.com> wrote:
I appreciate the thought, but there is sort of an imperitive with this
effort to shy away from Boost/STL/virtual inheritance completely.

You'd be hard-pressed to find any instance of dynamic polymorphism anywhere in Boost. Most of Boost is based on compile-time template tricks. For example, you have been pointed to boost::optional<T>; here's <boost/optional/optional.hpp>, where it's implemented, see if you can find "virtual" anywhere:

<http://www.boost.org/boost/optional/optional.hpp>