Re: Incorrect bitfield aliasing with Tree SSA

On 6/18/07, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> I'm completely unsurprised this is broken at the tree level given how
> it is implemented

Nice tautology. :-)  You have resisted implementing anything at the tree level
to fix the problem and now you're complaining there is a problem...

Pardon?

If it was designed properly in the first place, there simply would *be
no problem at the tree level*, because nothing would have broken.
Everyone in the bug reports in question has told you this, not just me.

Let's try and devise something plausible at the tree level. If we eventually fail, we could indeed consider disabling the optimization at the RTL level.

So far you guys have resisted what seem like perfectly reasonable solutions by Adam