GCC Status Report (2007-06-15)

GCC 4.3 Stage 1 is now closed.

After this point, major new functionality (i.e., the sort of thing
deserving its own branch) that has not already been submitted will be
held for GCC 4.4.

Hopefully, the PTR_PLUS branch and the fixed-point branch will be merged
in the relatively near future.  I am also considering the Intel BID
patches for 4.3, as those have arrived just under the wire.  I would
appreciate comments from relevant maintainers about those patches.

As previously discussed, the mainline will be in "lockdown" for 1-2
weeks, starting midnight tonight.  Other then the merges mentioned
above, and documentation improvements, the only patches that should be
committed during the lockdown are fixes for regressions.

We will then enter Stage 2.  I expect to reenter the "lockdown" mode
every so often (perhaps one week a month) as we move through Stage 2 and
Stage 3, in the hopes of a shorter release process than we achieved for
4.2.0.

Previous Report: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-06/msg00201.html

Thanks,

--