Re: Volunteer for bug summaries?

CCing the person who caused the regression is more appropriate.  Assigning
bugs to them detracts others from fixing the bug.

We already do that, and in lots of cases it doesn't work. CCing is not coercive enough, you only receive a few more mails (and some people don't even read their bugzilla mail).

Take PR31095, for example. It's a 4.3 regression on x86 and x86_64
that is triggered on the GCC testsuite, it has been known for more
than 2 months, Janis kindly did a reghunt a month ago to attribute it,
the patch author was added in the CC list. Since then, nothing
happened.

I'm taking this example because I was remembered about it by a mail on
the fortran list, but it has nothing specific, there are scores of
these kind out there. I think assigning regressions to people who
introduced them is only fair, after all, they are supposed to take
care of it or find someone else to do it!

FX