Re: libffi & powerpc

On May 15, 2007, at 2:20 AM, Patrick Olinet wrote:
Finally, I've tried it the dirty way, ie by commenting out all the "stfd" instructions at the beginning of the ppc_closure.S file and things seem to work !!!

Wonderful. If you could, would you submit the patch to gcc- patches... I suspect it is better than nothing, and it might be trivial enough to go in without paperwork. Additionally, it might provide a basis for another contributor to build upon, as they then only have to do half the work.

Thanks.

What worries me a bit is that "stfd" instructions are used to save fpu registers states before the call (it's my guess) and I would expect them to be restored afterwards, probably with "lfd" assembly instructions (that I would need to comment out as well). But I can't see such instructions...

Any thoughts about that ?

Sure, don't worry about it, there is no matching instruction. You just can't do functions that return float/double/long double from my quick reading.

And should I report a new bug for this libffi/powerpc problem ?

We prefer to have a bug report for each bug... :-)