RE: Information about LTO

from mainline in a long time; there will be a
> big piece of work for whoever does the next merge from mainline to
LTO.

> One big piece of the tree representation changes on LTO branch
(CALL_EXPR)
> has been merged to trunk.  Another big piece (TYPE_ARG_TYPES) hasn't,
but
> is still scheduled for Stage 1.  The remaining pieces are smaller -
and
> many were preapproved for 4.3 - but I don't know what plans there are
for
> merging them to trunk.
>
> Once all the tree representation changes are merged to trunk, that
might
> make a merge into LTO branch easier (in that all non-LTO-related
conflicts
> can be resolved by taking the trunk version).
>
> --
> Joseph S. Myers
> joseph@codesourcery.com

Can anything be done in LTO to reduce the amount of work needed to
transition to tuples in the future? One idea could be to use the tuple
spec to define the external format for LTO. This could potentially
uncover
something that is needed by LTO but is not in the spec today.
  Does anyone know how many people that are currently working on the
tuple
representation and can perhaps guess how many months it would take to
get into mainline?

- Jan