RE: Successfull Build of gcc on Cygwin WinXp SP2

On 02 May 2007 02:47, Aaron Gray wrote:

> James,
>
>> On 5/1/07, Aaron Gray wrote:
>>> Hi James,

>>> I was wondering whether you could help to get me to the same point
>>> please.
>
>> You will need to use Dave Korns patch for newlib.
>>
>> http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2007/msg00292.html
>
> I am getting the following :-
>
> $ patch newlib/libc/include/stdio.h fix-gcc-bootstrap-on-cygwin-patch.diff
> patching file newlib/libc/include/stdio.h
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 475 (offset 78 lines).
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 501.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 521.
> 2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> newlib/libc/include/stdio.h.rej
>
> Has a variation of the patch already been applied ? Shall I revert stdio.h
> back to the CVS version ?

  It is patched in newlib cvs, and then a second patch was applied on top to
fix a minor oversight, so if you're using cvs newlib, yes revert ("cvs up -C")
it.

  However the actual problem is probably that you need to manually patch your
*previously-installed* stdio.h in /usr/include.  The change won't filter down
to /usr/include until the next cygwin release.

    cheers,
      DaveK