GCC mini-summit - Patch tracker

   We discussed the patch tracker.  None of the active maintainers who
   were there appear to use it very much or at all.

This is because it does not enable them to easily review patches, only to see which they have missed ;)
 I proposed
   automatic e-mail pings, but that wasn't generally welcomed.
   Richard Henderson suggested that the patch tracker should have a
   way to quickly and easily approve a patch.  A couple of people said
   it would be nice to be able to use the tracker to send an e-mail
   reply; it does provide a mechanism for that, but it is web-based
   rather than being part of one's usual mail reader.  One possibility
   mentioned was to have a button for the patch tracker to send the
   maintainer a copy of the e-mail, which would be a convenient way to
   write the reply in a preferred mail reader.

I am happy to do either (let it approve patches or email)

For email, I could provide a nice interface that displayed the actual
message/diff of the patch in question, properly quoted into a text box
where one could add their comments.
For approving directly, I would probably need to add usernames and passwords.

If people are okay with this, I have no problem implementing it.