Re: GCC mini-summit

Vladimir N. Makarov wrote:

 And I am disagree that it is within compilation time guidelines set
by SC.  Ken fixed a big compilation time degradation a few days ago
and preliminary what I see now (comparison with the last merge point)
is

x86_64
SPECInt2000 5.7%
SPECFp200   8.7%

ppc64
SPECInt2000 6.5%
SPECFp2000  5.5%

Itanium
SPECInt2000 9%
SPECFp2000  10.9%

Besides as I understand correctly the SC criteria means that there is
no degradation on code quality.  There is code size degradation about
1% and some degradation on SPEC2000 (e.g. about 2% degradation on a
few tests on ia64).

I'll be away for a week, so I'll miss most of the big flamewar, but I'd just like to throw in my opinion that based on these numbers I don't see why we're even considering it for inclusion at this point.

I also agree with Vlad's point that it needs to be reviewed before being committed to mainline.

Bernd -- This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers. Analog Devices GmbH Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6 80807 Muenchen Registergericht Muenchen HRB 40368 Geschaeftsfuehrer Thomas Wessel, Vincent Roche, Joseph E. McDonough