Re: GCC -On optimization passes: flag and doc issues

> No, the issue is that the -Os option is *documented* to *only* include
> those optimizations that are known to not increase the code size.

Where exactly is the documented? My documentation says It
enables "optimisations that do not *typically* increase code size" (emphasis
mine).

Many optimizations (including inlining) are controlled by heuristics, which by
their very nature give the "wrong" decision sometimes. The trick is to get
the best overall settings, or the best settings for a particular target.

Paul