Re: Questions/Comments regarding my SoC application

Hi!

That means GOOGLE did not approve my application? I thought it was GCC.
How can I get to know why they did not approve me? As far as i know, the
mentors can select which projects they want and which not, and not
google itsel. but it seems that i was wrong.

Well, I already completed one SoC successfully and so it is not that
bad. Perhaps I will apply again next year and if, I will apply for GCC.

Dennis

Ian Lance Taylor schrieb:
Dennis Weyland <Dennis.Weyland@FernUni-Hagen.de> writes:

It's a pity that the application process has finished for some
days... I was very motivated and have really good skills regarding
efficient algorithms, complexity theory and compiler construction, but
with not being accepted I would not have enough time for working on
GCC since I have to earn money otherwise. Perhaps with a more
detailled application my chances would have been better. Now i am only
curious which projects have been accepted from GCC...

The list of accepted projects can be found here: http://code.google.com/soc/gcc/about.html

Unfortunately Google only provides a limited number of slots for each
project.  The gcc project received 22 applications, of which Google
approved 8.

Thanks for your interest, and I encourage you to apply again next
year.

Ian