Re: GIMPLE tuples document uploaded to wiki

On 4/14/07, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> wrote:
Jan Hubicka wrote on 04/14/07 16:14:

> Looks great, still I think "locus" and "block" could be both merged into
> single integer, like RTL land has INSN_LOCATOR.

That's the idea.  But it's simpler to do this for now.  The insn locator
is easily done at anytime during the implementation.

> Also ssa_operands structures should be somewhere in the header and uid
> would be handy for on-side datastructures.

No.  SSA operands need to be split in the instructions that actually
need them.  Also, UIDs are tempting but not really needed.  I would only
consider them if using pointer-maps or hash tables gets outrageously
expensive.

Anything that needs UID's can simply build them. It's really not hard. PRE does it for every expression, for example.

You never know what the namespace someone will want uniqueness across anyway.