RE: Re : Problem with gcc 3.4.0 & 3.4.6 in ARM thumb mode regarding stack buffer allocation

On 12 April 2007 10:10, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> On 4/12/07, Mick CORNUT <mick_cornut@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> As I've mentionned it, I've built gcc 3.4.6 for ARM yesterday (with
>> binutils 2.17), and the same problem occurs!
>
> Andrew meant to say that GCC 3.4.* is no longer being maintained.

  Steven meant to say that GCC 3.* is no longer being maintained :)

> That's tough luck for you, because the problem will not be fixed in
> the FSF version of GCC 3.4. You can perhaps hire a third party to help
> you, or you can upgrade to a more recent version of GCC.

  A third option would be to try playing with the different abi flags and
seeing if one of the others (e.g. old abi) works correctly.  This may or may
not help depending on your os/other system libraries/overal setup.

    cheers,
      DaveK