Re: RFC: GIMPLE tuples. Design and implementation proposal

Dave Korn wrote on 04/10/07 15:39:

>   Reverse-traversing an array really isn't all that painful or slow!

Instructions are not laid out in an array.  Insertion and removal is
done constantly.  It would be very expensive to use arrays to represent
basic blocks.  Insertions and deletions are all too common.

>   How about delta-linked lists?  Makes your iterators bigger, but makes every
> single node smaller.

Worth a shot, I guess.  Don't recall what other properties these things had.