Re: Build report: Successful build of gcc 4.1.2 on Cygwin (Win XP Pro SP2)

Brian Dessent wrote:
Jesper de Jong wrote:

/home/jesper/gcc-4.1.2/configure --enable-threads=win32

Where do people keep getting this idea that Cygwin uses win32 threads? It doesn't, and you've most likely built a compiler that is subtly
broken in some way. Cygwin uses pthreads, this should be

Jesper,

If you have the time and inclination, you might consider running the testsuite with --enable-threads and with --enable-threads=win32, and seeing if there's any difference, and report back here with the results.

I don't really see any compelling reason that win32 threads shouldn't work on Cygwin. As far as I know, nothing about this choice is ultimately exposed to the user. In fact, Win32 threads are quite likely to yield superior performance anywhere where it matters.

One place it might cause problems is if it enabled any of that mingwm or whatever stuff.