Re: tuples: data structure separation from trees

On 29 Mar 2007 18:24:56 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
Aldy Hernandez <aldyh@redhat.com> writes:

There are a number of other compilers with successful IR
implementations, and some of them are open source, such as LLVM or
Open64.  Since you are essentially proposing a new IR, I would
encourage you to take a little time to see if you can learn anything
from their IR implementations.

+1.

Sure, we can't get there immediately.  And your suggestion may be a
good incremental step.  But I'd like to see a little more about the
final destination.

There are a lot of us that are happy to devote time and people resources to helping you with this (both design and implementation), so if you feel like you don't have time to go look at other IR's or something, please let us help :)

It's a huge undertaking, and since it's generally a thankless job,
Thanks
:)

--Dan