Re: Application for Google Summer of Code with GCC.

Dmitry Zhurikhin wrote:

Hello, I want to propose a project for Google Summer of Code on title
"New static scheduling heuristic". I hope that Vlad Makarov from
Redhat or Andrey Belevantsev from ISP RAS will menthor this
application.
I will appreciate any feedback and will try to answer any questions
regarding my application.

Dmitry, I've just submitted my application to be a mentor of this project. You definetly have an experience to do this work and the project is of right size for SoC. Although it is more a research project with unknown outcome. It is always hard to predict how heuristic will work finaly (will they be better). But your project addresses to real and well known problems of widely used insn scheduler heuristics and somebody should do this work for gcc.

Vlad